Entry forms and the competition diary for the 2022 County Competitions have been sent to Club Secretaries and are also available via the downloads option in the notices menu.
The delay in issuing these was caused by Bowls England deciding what format to use for these competitions. The new formats are:
- Four Wood Singles (including Junior & Unbadged) - 21 shots
- Two Wood Singles - 21 ends
- Pairs (including Junior & Mixed) - 4 woods, 18 ends
- Triples - 3 woods, 18 ends
- Fours (including Senior) - 2 woods, 18 ends
The Wardrop Cup will still use the respective disciplines format.
The Ivens Cup is now 2 woods and 18 ends. It has also been brought forward in the calendar to allow the semi finals to be played of one of semi final days and only the final will be played on County Finals day, the third/fourth playoff has been scrapped.
Having completed his latest three year tenure our current Senior Squad Manager has advised the Executive that he does not want to continue for another term.
In view of this the Executive will be looking to appoint a new Senior Squad Manager (joint managers also considered) at their December 2021 meeting.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit an application to the County Secretary no later than 19th November 2021. Your application should cover the following points:
- Experience in team leadership or similar experience
- Objectives – what would be your target(s) during your three year term
- Thoughts on squad coaching
- Thoughts on team selection now that the Middleton Cup has changed to a knockout competition
If you require further details of the duties of the Senior Squad Manager, please contact the County Secretary
Draws for the 2021 County Competitions are now live. Please also see the entry in the notices menu for information regarding the changes in format.
Guidance and application form for making a claim to the WCBA Benevolent Fund can be found in the Downloads section.
13 OctExecutive Meeting 19:00 to 20:00
20 NovAGM 14:00 to 16:00
07 DecExecutive Meeting 19:00 to 20:00